One of my biggest pet peeves is when people assume...and of course the title says it perfect of what happens when people assume too much.
I recently got asked "Why did i make such a big deal about not marrying for the Military when i did?"...umm...I married for the MILITARY?!? really?!? Thanks for sharing that one with me because, i had no idea that's what i did. For the record I was not making a big deal about marrying for the Military, i posted a status answering peoples questions about how i WAS NOT marrying for the Military & for a long time i did NOT want to do the Military thing and get married at the court house...but, things changed.
Yes, i did end up getting married at the court house. We had planned on a date to get married but, we were also betting he would be home around that time(Note to self: you can't plan anything in the Military, don't even get your hopes up at all, you will only end up disappointed) But, when we found out he'd be deploying and possibly going on underways around the original wedding date and then another possible deployment, this wedding was looking more and more like it was going to be either 2012 or 2013 before we'd be able to have the wedding and by 2013 i would be 25 almost 26...I want to start a family around that time not walking down the aisle.
Another thing that bugs me about that question is it's as if i just woke up one day and him and i looked at each other and said, hell why not? let's get married. Pssh, FALSE! He had proposed to me...We were getting married anyways...regardless of Military or No Military, we were STILL getting married. We were in the process of planning we had gone and looked at a Venue! Pssh, i didn't just get married because of the Military.
I got married because I wanted to be with him, I was ready to start our lives together & it didn't matter to me anymore if i even had a wedding as long as i was married to HIM, that's all i needed right there. Military or No Military...I know he's the one i would have ended up with. I tried again to possibly plan a wedding for the end of 2012 but, by then we'll be married for 2 years and it just didn't seem necessary anymore...I want to really live like a married couple...I hope in 5 or 10 years we can renew our vows for all our family and friends & hope they understand that the decision we made was what was best for us and what we wanted. I didn't need a a fancy wedding to make it perfect...All i needed was HIM and that's how it was, it was me, him, & the commissioner. But, don't assume i got married just because of the Military...the bottom line is we were getting married either way. We just happened to get married because, there was no way for sure we could plan a wedding for when we wanted too.
Questions like that make the wrong assumptions & i know this person was just being spiteful...but, i know a lot of other people were thinking the SAME thing. Please, My Husband is my best friend he's been there for me for YEARS. Who picked me up EVERYTIME my ex-boyfriend's made me cry, hurt me, cheated on me etc..? He did. He has been there and ALWAYS will be there for me...So, regardless what any of you think or assume this was going to happen whether it was October 29th 2010 or Aug 28th, 2011 or October 27th, 2012.
I'm really hoping that these negative posts come to a hault. I'm so over people assuming, spreading rumors, & just being assholes in general. Not that i really have to justify my actions to ANYONE but, it also helps to get things off my chest so i don't hold all these negative things in. I'm very thankful for my true friends & my very loving & awesome family...and of course my even more amazing husband, everyone of them keep me sane & i can't thank them enough! :) Hopefully, people will start concentrating on their own business instead of mine( a girl can only dream!)
Can't wait to have some positive posts coming up...till next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment